Oscar Wilde’s quote seems appropriate when we talk about new territories pursuant to the Affordable Care Act:
“Experience is the name we give to our mistakes”
Affinity Health Plan will present to businesses and professionals from the Brentwood Chamber of Commerce tomorrow morning. I’ll see what general information they provide and responses to particular questions that are raised. I’ll bring all questions that were asked of me and get back to the listserv.
The presentation will entail discussion of the following points:
- Learn about the Health Insurance Exchange. About 1.1 million are expected to buy insurance through the new marketplace.
- Expansion of Medicaid to allow more people at the lowest income levels to qualify for coverage.
- Encourage employers to offer health insurance and the obligations put on employers.
- Provide credits to purchase private health insurance coverage to moderate income Americans who do not qualify for Medicaid.
- Streamline the purchase of health insurance through the establishment of the Health Insurance Exchange.
- Strengthen consumer protections and require transparency.
- Impose protections to guard against unreasonable rate increases.
- Encourage primary and preventive care.
- Require most Americans to purchase health insurance.